What We Do
At 4TC we’re all about the four types of communication – visual, verbal, written and face-to-face. They’re at the heart of all the things we do for our clients. And that’s a good question. What DO we do for our clients?
Echelon Data Centres
Echelon Data Centres is an Irish company, incorporated in 2017 with the goal of constructing, owning and operating data centres with 500MW total capacity, in five countries, by 2025.
4TC was engaged as communication consultants for Echelon Data Centres in autumn 2018 to plan and execute a PR and media relations campaign around the launch of the company and the €1bn investment in its first two data centre sites, in Dublin and Wicklow. Echelon wanted to announce its existence, gain widespread exposure for its plans, highlight the experience and track record of its principals and bring itself to the attention of potential customers worldwide.
Echelon had a great story to tell – about jobs, investment, and scale – in a sector that is earmarked for tremendous growth and has been identified by the Government as crucial to the future of the country’s digital economy. It was 4TC’s job to help them tell it.
We began by preparing the materials Echelon needed for a co-ordinated communication offensive – developing messages, identifying issues, reviewing the company’s embryonic website for form and feel, putting together a media toolkit, creating a ‘starter for 10’ launch presentation, establishing social media properties, and creating a corporate brochure, launch videos and imagery.
We staged a launch event in Dublin, which was addressed by Heather Humphries, Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation, and attended by corporate stakeholders, the business community, politicians and the media.
Post-launch, we mapped out Echelon’s longer-term communication strategy and engaged in issues management, community relations, and social media and a programme of regular news as the company’s sites moved successfully through the planning process and Echelon set its sights on international growth.
- More than 280 pieces of coverage across the Irish news, business and technology media (print, digital, broadcast) in the first eight months following launch.
- Measured reach in Ireland totalling of more than 30 million people.
- Measured value in excess of €500,000.
- Extensive additional coverage in the international data centre and ICT media.
- It took Echelon Data Centres more than a week to clear their email inboxes following the launch event!
What they said
“Thanks for all the effort that went into what was a really slick and professional launch. The level of media engagement and the arrangement was fantastic – and the presence of the Minister really did give it great gravitas. I know full well that these things are not easy to achieve and you really shot the lights out with the level of engagement, as well as your own time commitment.
“I have since seen much of the media commentary, the TV extracts, etc. and it all looks really well. I have been inundated with messages from people saying how well it all looked and that is credit to The Content Partnership. Very well done indeed.” – Graeme McWilliams, COO, Echelon Data Centres.
Echelon Data Centres-Corporate Affairs - Media relations - PR - Social Media -
Coeliac Society of Ireland
The Coeliac Society of Ireland provides information and support to people diagnosed with coeliac disease. They have thousands of members throughout the country, but only around 12,500 of the estimated 50,000 people in Ireland who have coeliac disease have been diagnosed. 4TC started working with the Society in September 2018, providing public and media relations, communications and content marketing services to raise awareness of coeliac disease, its symptoms and how to live healthy on a gluten-free diet.Our Solution
Communicating the Coeliac Society’s work to its members and the wider public has entailed a strategy encompassing story identification, messaging and strategic communications advice, content creation, media relations, and event public relations.
A key part of this strategy has been to leverage the support of the Society’s members throughout Ireland to offer the national and regional media case studies of real people with the disease, and how it affects them. This, together will communicating important health information from the Society, has been key to increasing learning and awareness of the disease and those who suffer from it. Much of this activity’s been leverage around certain dates in the Coeliac Society’s calendar, most notably Coeliac Awareness Week and the Gluten Free Living Show – which have required a hight level of media relations and content activity, including news articles, media supplements, videos, infographics and, of course, press releases.
- Measured media coverage during Coeliac Awareness Week 2019 alone of more than 250 items with reach of more than four million people.
- Regular coverage across national and regional radio, digital and print media.
- Amplified coverage across social media platforms.
- Extensive on-air use of human stories across Irish radio stations and on television, including Today with Maura and Daithi, Ireland AM and Virgin Media News.
Coeliac Society of Ireland-Content - Corporate Affairs - Media relations - PR -
Irish ProShare Association
The Irish ProShare Association represents organisations which are employee owned or have employee share ownership across Ireland. A non-profit organisation, IPSA works with its members to promote and provide insight into the business case for employee ownership in the Irish economy. 4TC has worked with IPSA since 2017 to provide media relations, communications and content marketing services which further the case for employee share ownership, assist with IPSA’s engagement with the Government, and tell the story of IPSA’s success to its members and the international proshare community.
- Assist with issues identification and PR activity to highlight these issues in the media – e.g Brexit.
- Establish IPSA’s leadership team as ‘first-call’ commentators in the media on employee share ownership issues.
- Advise on messaging and communication strategy in relation to IPSA’s engagement with the Government on the issue of employee ownership.
- Run PR operations for the annual ESOD (Employee Share Ownership Day) conference at Google in Dublin.
- Review and improve IPSA’s communications about its achievements to its members and potential members. Creation of content – videos, newsletters, website content, brochures – to support this.
- Regular coverage of IPSA and employee ownership in the media
- Greater understanding and awareness of IPSA and its priorities among key relevant journalists.
- Greater recognition and utilisation of IPSA’s employee ownership expertise within Government.
- Improved communications and marketing to IPSA’s members and potential members – including leveraging suite of high-quality content collateral across digital and social media channels. Membership growth of more than 150% during the period of 4TC’s engagement with IPSA.
Irish ProShare Association-Content - Corporate Affairs - Media relations - PR -
Working with a new client is a learning experience – particularly when that client is a start-up. MyStudyPal is an app that allows Junior and Leaving Cert students to create a study timetable in minutes which gives them greater control of the exam preparation and allows them to balance their school and social lives.
The story of myStudyPal is largely that of its founder Mark Nealon, who after sitting the Leaving Cert in 2017, realised that the process would have been much less stressful had there been a study app dedicated to helping students plan their study and achieve a better work-life balance.
4TC spent time understanding what made myStudyPal’s story unique, the courage, drive and determination that Mark showed to defer going to college for a year to build his app. We worked with Mark to develop his brand story and messaging, and to secure media exposure for the launch of the app and beyond, as myStudyPal grew to becoming an award-winning start-up in the NovaUCD incubator.
- Media relations – leveraging contacts in the mainstream, education and technology media to launch myStudyPal and secure coverage for the app.
- Story development, particularly around key dates in the school and exam calendar. A significant part of this was leveraging Mark’s back story and securing opportunities for him to tell it.
- Content development – developing marketing materials and assisting with website content, including developing infographic briefs and storyboarding explainer videos.
- Extensive coverage throughout the national and regional media in Ireland.
- Mark was interviewed featured on more than 10 national and regional radio stations in March and April 2019 alone.
- Excellent RoI for client. Mark credited coverage secured by The Content Partnership as being responsible for spike of 2,000 downloads of the myStudyPal app from February to April 2019.
- Coverage resulted in increased brand awareness and digital footprint which helped facilitate growth and UK expansion for myStyudyPal.
myStudyPal-Content - Media relations - PR - Storytelling -
Motorsport Ireland is the governing body of motor racing, rallying and other four-wheeled Irish motorsport. It wanted to secure more media coverage of the events it sanctioned, improve its communications process with affiliated clubs and drivers, create a vibrant motorsport community on social media, and have PR advisors to handle enquiries from the media.
We started by sitting down with the sports editors of the national print and broadcast media to find out why they weren’t covering Irish motorsport. They didn’t know what events were on and when, and they didn’t have the resources to cover them. We provided a content solution which ensures the media now receives ready-to-publish reports and images from motorsport events.
We secured buy-in from the motorsport clubs and individual drivers by advising them on how to secure coverage in their own local media, and by producing a regular digital newsletter which keeps them up to date with all the news from Motorsport Ireland.
Finally, we established Motorsport Ireland on several social media platforms, using the content generated by all this activity to create a large and engaged community of motorsport drivers, mechanics, volunteers and fans.
- Regular coverage for Motorsport Ireland events and individual drivers in media including Irish Independent, Sunday Independent, Irish Times, Irish Daily Mirror, Irish Sun, Irish Daily Mail, RTE, TheJournal.ie.
- Team Ireland Foundation driver development programme launch with widespread media coverage.
- Successful implementation of media and crisis PR plan for Motorsport Ireland and the clubs.
- Bulletin newsletter growth from 300 subscribers to more than 5,022 — up 1,600%.
- Facebook: Page Likes growth from 0 to more than 13,000. Monthly engagement average of 30,000 with page reach of more than 220,000.
- Twitter follower growth from 0 to more than 4,500
What they said
“We have a great working relationship with Richard and The Content Partnership. Motorsport Ireland was struggling to get our message heard and one of the first things they did was to identify the issues that we faced as an organisation in securing consistent media coverage. They then proceeded to provide the solutions to address these findings.
“As a result of the work carried out by the principles of The Content Partnership, we have established good working relationships with sports journalists, we achieve consistent coverage in the media and our social media following and engagement have grown.”
– Alex Sinclair, CEO Motorsport Ireland
Motorsport Ireland-Content - PR - Social Media -
SOME OF OUR CLIENTS
Get in touch
Contact us now to see how 4TC can drive your communications
How we can Help
Great content is the key to reaching your customers and it’s what we do best.
So whether you need a website populated, blogs, articles, press releases, newsletters, infographics or videos; or even a complete content marketing, PR or social media campaign, get in touch now by calling 01 531 3532 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how The Content Partnership can deliver for you.
Alternatively, you can use our handy booking calendar to schedule a call or meeting.